Speed up the website loading time is one of the option to increase the site SEO performance which means to get more visitors for the site. The following would happen for a second delay page load time,
- 11% Fewer page views
- 16% decrease customer satisfaction
- 7% loss in conversion
And also some studies founds the following interesting results, It might be shock you,
- 47% people are expecting a page to load in two seconds or less
- 40% people will abandon If it takes more than three seconds
- 52% online shoppers say that, quick page loads are important for their loyalty to a site.
So, It is a critical to improve your site speed, I'll share some tips to improve that.
Reduce HTTP Request :
80% of the page load time is spent downloading different pieces-parts of the site (images, stylesheet, scripts, flash, fonts..etc), so the compononts takes longer time to render on the page.
Use CSS instead of images Combine multiple stylesheets / scripts in to single stylesheets / scripts Streamline the number of elements on your page
Reduce Server Response Time :
Your target is a server response time of less than 200ms(millseconds).
Use Google's Pagespeed tools - to learn more about performance, best practice and automate the process
Enable Compression :
Complex website / Large page would have high quality content with 100 kb or more so it would take more time to load, the best way to increase the page load time is to zip (compress) them. and also it would reduce the bandwidth of the pages there by reducing HTTP Response.
Apache : Use mod_deflate
Nginx : Use HttpGzipModule
IIS : Configure HTTP compression
Minify Resources :
Best practice to always use css and js libraries's minify version in your website, it would help to reduce the size of site and page load time too.
Optimize images :
Oversized images always long time to load, So its more important to keep images as small as your needs.
- Crop your images to correct size
- Reduce color depth of the image Remove image comments / meta data.
- JPEG is an best option Use different quality images for different size of devices (for example : use low quality images for mobile devices) How to optimize jpeg image ?
Reduce Redirects :
Redirects creates additional HTTP Request and increase load time, so you want to keep them to a minimum.
I hope, It would help you, please comments below If you have any interesting option to increase page load time.